your online presence. your style.
your online presence. your style.
Social Media Integration
Copy Writing Services
Graphic Design Services
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the Kay-Africa Web Design Package right for you?
How I prefer to work?
✓ Your site is up and running more quickly.
✓ You have more control over your site in the long run as I can teach you how to log in and change areas of the site that you want to update. (E.g. an events listing, or changing slider images).
✓ You have a unique looking site based on your needs and personality.
I would need to chat with you to find out your exact needs before confirming the final quote.
- If you are happy with Web Design | Options 1-6 and don’t need to add anything, then the quote would not need to change.
- If you prefer to add more pages and features, we can chat, and the quote can be adjusted accordingly.
- If you prefer a budget solution, we we can look at Web Design | Option 3-4, finding a template that just needs text and images inserted, with no page build or customisation added. This will still look great and work well on any device. There are many super templates to work with.
- Web Design | Option 5 is an all-in-one landing type page, where visitors can find all they need to know on one page. This is an effective and affordable way of being found online.
What is the process for having a site built by Kay-Africa Design?
2. You provide the content for your site, as well as the images. (Image options can be saved to Google Drive and shared with me so I can work with them and resize as needed.)
✓ Content for each page or section
✓ Social media accounts to link to (name/URL address)
✓ Contact details for CONTACT page, and email address you want forms to send to.
✓ Possible images to use (saved to a folder on Google Drive or flash disk/renamed with the name you want to appear in the gallery)
✓ Page descriptions for SEO (e.g. google) – 156 characters each
3. Design Proposal – based on your requirements
4. You approve the plans, sign job order and pay first installment of 50% for Kay-Africa to begin building the site.
5. Site is developed.
6. Last 50% is paid upon completion of the site and the site is then made live/public.
* What are the pre-design questions that we will need to discuss?
- What is the purpose of your site?
- What are your main goals?
- Do you have a logo?
- Do you have graphics or photos that you would like to appear on the site?
- Do you need to have photos, graphics, logos or icons made/sourced? (Do you need Kay-Africa to quote on doing this? Or do we need to add a little extra for purchasing stock images?)
- Please list the pages/sections that you want included (E.g. home/landing, about, contact, services, blog).
- Do you want to use copy/blurbs from an existing site? Or write new content?
- Do you need Kay-Africa to quote on writing your content for you?
- Do you have any design preferences for your site?
- Are there any websites or fonts that inspire you in your choice of design? (Feel free to make a Pinterest board with your ideas).
- Please list the features that you would like your website to have (E.g. content form/ booking enquiry form/ social media share buttons etc.)
What are the costs for setting up a site?
- Hosting – You will need a company to host your website.
- Domain Name – This is the name, or “address”, of your website (eg. kay-africa.co.za). Once you have bought your site’s domain name, you will need to renew ownership yearly.
- SSL – some hosting plans offer a free SSL security certificate to show that your site is secure (green padlock in browser shows site is secure and contents is encrypted). Some web hosts will require you to purchase an SSL certificate through a third party.
What does Kay-Africa bring to the design process?
- An eye for detail
- Liking things to be neat and organised
- Graphic design and photography support skills
- Ability to interpret your needs and make them reality
What is mobile reponsive design?
This is where the site layout adjusts to fit the size of screen being used to view the website. So the site will look good and contents will be legible whether viewed on a small mobile phone or a large desktop PC.
What is SEO?
Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) means ‘making a website easy to find by search engines like google, and to optimise them so that they rank higher in the list of search results.’ SEO includes adding meta data to pages, images, gallery etc. for Google and other search engines to be able to read and make sense of them. Your site needs to be linked to Google Search Console and a sitemap needs to be created for them to index your site effectively. You want to be found online.
What is site security?
- Security measures are put in place to prevent brute-force attacks from hackers.
- SSL certificate is set-up if available from you web host (this displays a green padlock in browser tab to show that your site is sending encrypted information that hackers cannot interfere with)
How does payment work?
- An initial first installment of 50% is required once steps 1-4 of the design process have been completed. (i.e. After we have discussed your needs/ you have provided the images and content needed for your site/ we have agreed on a design plan). Then the website will be built.
- The balance can be paid once you have seen the final site and sign-off on completion as per agreed on design.
- The site will go live once you have paid the final installment.
Payments in South Africa can be done via EFT/ cash Payments outside of South Africa can be made via PayPal.